||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
The position is part of an international Spectrum team which identifies new spectrum opportunities and acquires new spectrum for SES. The team also manages existing ITU filings and coordinates orbital slots with other operators while also developing and entertaining relationships with key regulatory bodies.
Within this team the position of the Spectrum Tools Development Engineer is responsible for the specification, design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the various applications and databases of the V2K environment. V2K is an in house suite of software tools developed to support the Spectrum activities. V2K is also widely used in other parts of SES.
The position is supporting and advising the V2K users community, acts as a centre of knowledge for the related tools and is providing technical recommendations and expertise to management.
- Be responsible for all databases and software tools used by the SES Spectrum team
- Develop and maintain current V2K applications according to the requirements of the Spectrum Team needs
- Develop new applications supporting the development of SES in new spectrum bands
- Maintain the V2K application server and support the company-wide deployment of V2K suite applications
- Administer and develop the databases of known geostationary satellites, their frequency plans and their coverage
- Administer and develop the database of administrative arrangements such as coordination agreements, coordination constraints
- Maintain and develop the real time transmissions monitoring system (SSMS)
- Maintain and develop tools for the analysis of spectrum situation and synthesis of future net-works
- Be responsible for establishing database / software monitoring metrics to track and improve
Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Minimum 3/4 years of relevant experience in Software / Database engineering and development
- Software / Database quality management experience would be an advantage
- Fluency in English, other languages being an asset
- Excellent programming skills, preferably Microsoft .NET, C#, SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of software specification, design, implementation, verification and validation
- Excellent computer programming skills, both server and client side
- Excellent knowledge in architecture of computer program design
- Experience in utilities programming, debuggers and debugging techniques
- Knowledge of computer modelling of radio communication systems would be considered as an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Be absolutely service and customer oriented
- Innovative spirit with a business mind and result orientation
- Effective project & time management
- Focus on collaboration and team work,
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding environment
- Pro-active and can do attitude
- Very good interpersonal and communications skills at all levels both internally and externally
- Good documentation skills
- Willing to integrate in an international and multicultural team
- An interest for satellite technologies, applications and business environment
- Readiness to travel if required
- Only Luxembourg work permit holder will be considered
Please note that we also consider hiring this position at slightly more junior level should we have interesting candidates.
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please access to our career website and submit your application (CV & Letter in English) by clicking on the apply button below.
|Category||IT / Programming|
Apply for this job
|24/01/2017||Configuration Librarian (Service Asset & Configuration Management - SACM) (non-permanent 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|24/01/2017||(Senior) Engineer - Network Systems (m/f)||Luxembourg|
|24/01/2017||Controller - Spacecraft Operations (m/f)||Luxembourg|
|22/01/2017||Junior Software Engineer (m/f) (Fixed-Term)||Betzdorf|
|22/01/2017||Controller, Customer Service Delivery (m/f)||Betzdorf|
|22/01/2017||Senior Engineer, Product Development/Engineering||Betzdorf|