||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) is a global leader of next-generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. Our mission is to enable superior returns on our clients’ technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 56,000 employees across the globe.
Focusing on CSC Luxembourg part of South and West Europe Region, its 110 employees and a high recognized expertise in outsourcing and IT Infrastructure operations, we are looking for a:
SQL Server DBA
to be part of a long term project for one of our key client and its subsidiaries in different European countries.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems. The position requires solid technical and troubleshooting skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server infrastructure, ensuring its operational readiness, executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring and performance, ensuring high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet expectations
- Troubleshoot, solve, and correct issues, problem resolution.
- Participate in the definition and automation of regular processes, track issues, document changes, etc.
- Assist with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and release deployment activities.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes;
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Service-oriented mind-set;
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner;
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential;
- Any other European language is a plus.
If you are interested in this or similar opportunities, please send a detailed CV as soon as possible
|Payment||to be defined|
|Category||IT / Programming|
Apply for this job
|25/03/2017||Network specialist (M/F)||Gasperich|
|24/03/2017||Gestionnaire de solution applicative (H/F)||Gasperich Cloche d'Or|
|23/03/2017||Software Architect / Containers and Continuous Integration Architect (H/F)||Luxembourg Gasperich|