||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
atHome Group is currently looking for a:
Senior Software Developer (M/F)
atHome’s platform delivery team develops and maintains the systems that interact with our customers to manage processes and publish the data that powers our public websites, mobile apps, and products. The team works closely with the business to evolve existing products and deliver new ones using agile methodologies.
The major areas of focus for this team include:
- Development of agent products
- Development of web applications and APIs
- Development of data management systems and tools
- Development of internal administration tools
- Development of reporting and business intelligence tools
- Continuous deployment of quality software
- Support of production systems
As a Senior Software Developer and Technical Lead you will be responsible for designing, architecting, and implementing key components of a variety of web products in a collaborative team environment. You will be expected to develop software in PHP and related technologies using agile software development practices such as test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming and continuous delivery.
You will leverage your experience to take the lead on the design of the technical architecture, make technology/component decisions, and assist in building the environments and supporting deployments. This is a hands-on software development role with clear responsibility towards technological and implementation choices, as well as responsibility towards team know-how and delivery.
- Designing, architecting, and implementing key components of a variety of web products in a collaborative cross-functional team environment.
- Coaching and training your peers on best practices, new tools, and technology in general.
- Evolving current products and platform components towards modern technologies, architectures, and design patterns
- Developing software to high quality standards.
- Assisting with production issues.
- Adopting agile practices such as test driven development, behavior driven development, continuous integration, pair programming and continuous delivery.
- Constantly updating your technical knowledge and skills.
- Setting and maintaining atHome’s quality, innovation, coding, and collaboration standards.
o PHP, Zend Framework 1 and 2, Apigility, RESTful Webservices
- Tools and IT technologies
o Unit testing, functional testing, TDD, BDD
o Continuous integration
o High Availability, Scaling, High traffic
o Cloud (Amazon)
o Virtual Machines
- Processes, regulations
o Agile (Scrum)
o PHP PSR-x
o Cloud infrastructure, HA
- Strong expertise in PHP with proven track record in designing and implementing high-traffic, high-availability web platforms
- 5+ years Object Oriented programming experience.
- Strong understanding of TDD practices using PHP test frameworks.
- Knowledge of Cloud operations (AWS), Web Services, relational databases, SOLR, Elastic Search, NoSQL databases
- Experienced in developing web applications in a Unix based environment.
- Experience with JS desirable.
- Experience working in agile teams desirable.
- Bachelor degree in IT desirable
|Category||Architecture / Design, IT / Programming|