||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
EDOUARD FRANKLIN is a recruitment agency specialised in the Wealth Management and Asset Management sectors, with offices in Luxembourg, Brussels, London and Geneva. We serve Private Banks, Independent Wealth Managers, Family Offices, Life Insurance Companies, Trusts and Law firms in the recruitment of experts and managers in these two business areas. We operate through direct approach or job posting depending on the complexity level.
Our Client is a well established international insurance company, hiring a "Legal Counsel" for his fast growing Luxembourg Desk.
- To serve as counsel to and advocate for the company on all matters assigned by the Assistant General Counsel for Corporate Affairs.
- Examples include the provision of corporate secretarial services; legal services on corporate acquisitions/dispositions and joint ventures; consultant, vendor and service contracts; investment and banking transactions; personnel/Human Resource matters; data privacy/secrecy; intellectual property matters including nondisclosure agreements, patents, trademarks and copyright; corporate and individual licensing; brokerage agreements; policy contracting and termination matters; legislative and regulatory monitoring, and assuring compliance.
- Oversee and administer the delivery of timely and effective legal assistance to the company’s community.
- Monitor, influence, analyze and assure compliance with new or existing legislation, regulations and other authority relative to their potential impact on the company, including advising appropriate company personnel accordingly. This involves both local and federal laws and requires an in-depth understanding of the operations of the company.
- Analyze for senior management the legal exposures or potential liabilities of the company and make recommendations to reduce such exposures or potential liabilities. Initiate and assist in drafting proactive policies, procedures and strategies in this regard.
- Assure that company operations are within the limits prescribed by law.
- Support the Board of Directors and management of the company by providing advice on matters of Luxembourg and European Union law and practices.
- Ensure that the company remains compliant with all applicable rules and regulations and in good standing with the CAA.
Your technical skills
- Admitted to practice in Luxembourg.
- 5+ years in law firm or corporate legal department, preferably within Luxembourg.
- Range of general corporate legal experience, preferably in a P/C insurance environment. Must be fluent in English and French.
Your personal skills
Problem solving and Judgement
- The more complex legal issues in Corporate Affairs arise on an irregular basis. It is the new corporate endeavor or dilemma that typically presents legal issues, each such issue having to be dissected and analyzed in its own light.
- Complex issues also arise in the context of establishing company policies where there are a myriad of issues and competing interests that must be met.
- Advising management on legal and business issues in complex transactions such as a corporate sale or acquisition and then coordinating due diligence, negotiating and drafting and reviewing extensive documentation, deciding when an issue may be significant enough to alert management and making recommendations on how to proceed to closure.
- While legal does not "make decisions" on business matters, the company recognizes that its advice, counsel and input may significantly influence business decisions that are made and in that context, while not responsible per se for significant business decisions, are responsible for the significant influence they have. This is most readily understood in contract matters but can apply to more general business dealings.
- This position is responsible for providing advice and counsel on regulatory and legal compliance and will be vested with the authority through this position or within the management structure of the legal function to ensure that the company always conducts itself in a compliant fashion.
Apply for this job
|21/04/2017||Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing Manager||Luxembourg|
|30/03/2017||Stage en alternance Septembre 2017||Luxembourg|
|29/03/2017||Family Office Assistant (m/f)||Luxembourg|