||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
We are looking for a qualified and experienced senior accountant to join our Luxembourg Carrier Finance Team.
In this role you will work mainly on statutory (Luxembourg GAAP), USGAAP (Group reporting), and regulatory valuations and also contribute to economic valuations. You will be responsible for the financial reporting and financial analysis of a new carrier being established and will also contribute and support our other carriers.
As part of establishing and embedding the new carrier, you will be responsible for the development of effective financial reporting processes and deliverables for the new carrier within the overall Swiss Re landscape and environment and you will contribute to related project work and ad-hoc tasks.
You will also ensure compliance with local/Group requirements and the internal control framework and internal and external audit requirements.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall reporting tasks for the new carrier and also contribute to existing carriers, mainly quarterly management accounts and annual accounts in accordance with Luxembourg Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (Lux GAAP), required quarterly and annual Regulatory reporting and quarterly USGAAP closing and reporting deliverables.
You will establish good and robust processes for all reporting deliverables under your responsibility for the new carrier, in line with existing Swiss Re processes and deliverables for our already well established carriers
You will also support in providing comprehensive financial and variance analysis and business commentaries with respect to reporting, monitoring and reconciliation activities according to management and stakeholders requirements. You are expected to support in the analysis and explanations of variances across different valuations, namely LUX GAAP, USGAAP and economic valuation.
In addition, based on your good understanding of accounting and reporting principles, you will assess the impact of new, large and/or complex transactions on the financial statements of the entities under your responsibility and ensure the accuracy of financial reporting.
There is also an expectation to take initiative and be involved in the improvement of processes and systems to ensure compliance with the risk and control framework and audit requirements and also to meet internal management expectations.
You will also be required to support audit activities and prepare requested information in connection with the external audit and other external parties, like regulators or other governmental institutions and also internal audit.
You are expected to establish a network and closely collaborate with the respective professionals across the organization.
The position acts with a high degree of autonomy & discretion within the delegated authority.
Ad hoc tasks as required by your line manager and senior management.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance business
- Qualified & certified accountant / controller or have an equivalent education (BA, MA) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a group accounting/controlling environment/audit
- Strong accounting knowledge of LUX GAAP and US GAAP reporting standards, general strong experience in USGAAP/Lux GAAP/IFRS and economic valuation desirable.
- Experience in financial reporting focused on timely delivery and high quality of output
- Knowledge and experience in the preparation of complex financial statements
- Strong analytical skills and holistic approach and ability to work with complex details and apply good business judgement and deliver high-quality output independently.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, under tight deadlines and on your own initiative
- Strong IT skills, particularly in regards of databases and MS Excel
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership capabilities with strong coordination and collaboration skills.
- Proven relationship builder - ability to engage and inspire others and to influence in a complex, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent command of the English language with French or any other European language skills beneficial.
- Intercultural competencies and the ability to understand complex processes and quickly and efficiently adapt to changes
- Highly motivated individual used to working in a highly performance driven, professional and international environment
|Category||Accountancy / Finance, Insurance|
Apply for this job
|21/03/2017||Senior Accountant Solvency II Reporting (m/f)||Luxembourg|