||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
We are looking for a qualified and experienced professional to join our Luxembourg Solvency II Finance Team. As a member of our Luxembourg based team you will assume responsibility and contribute your expertise to the end-to-end Solvency II and EVM deliverables and reporting process for the Luxembourg (re)insurance companies, with a focus on a new carrier.
In this mainly Solvency II role you will be responsible for the Solvency II quantitative and narrative reporting (SFCR, RSR) and will have responsibility for co-ordination, development, understanding and analysis of the Solvency II results, including the Solvency II balance sheet and P&L and Solvency II capital requirements, on a quarterly and annual basis. You will be required to establish robust SII processes for our new carrier, to be aligned wherever possible to existing processes and carriers. There is also an expectation for continued improvement and involvement in the development of systems and processes to meet Solvency II requirements.
You will also be responsible for our internal EVM reporting for the carrier.
Establish good and robust processes for all SII deliverables for the new carrier, in line with existing SII processes and deliverables for our already well established carriers.
Organizes, prepares and delivers very good quality and regulatory compliant Solvency II quantitative and narrative reporting (SFCR, RSR) in the required timeframe and quality to management, the Board and the Regulator.
In depth understanding of the Solvency II balance sheet positions and performs variance analytics on Solvency II balance sheet and capital requirement on a quarterly and annual basis
Delivers on the internal EVM reporting requirements.
Builds and understands the full legal entity Solvency II and EVM story line and comparison to the other legal entity valuations on a regular basis (at least bi-annually).
Continually enhances systems and processes to meet Solvency II Regulatory requirements and to ensure optimal and efficient Solvency II processes, involving close development work and coordination with other Finance teams, IT and Risk divisions and their teams.
Wide collaboration and visibility across the organization and in various locations with all teams, from different functions, involved in Solvency II delivery
Ensures compliance with internal and external audit requirements and control standards.
Will work closely with the Solvency II Team Leader on various Solvency II related matters and deliverables and support the team leader as and when needed on deliverables, ad hoc tasks and/or projects.
The position acts with a high degree of autonomy & discretion within the delegated authority.
Ad hoc tasks as required by your line manager and senior management
- 5+ years of experience in Risk, Accounting and/or Actuarial sciences
- University degree in Risk, Actuarial sciences, Accounting, Business administration or economics
- Reinsurance/insurance operational knowledge and experience and knowledge/ experience in Solvency II or economic valuations and knowledge of other accounting valuations a benefit.
- Extremely good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and holistic approach and ability to work with complex details and apply good business judgement
- Strong IT skills, particularly in regards of databases and MS Excel
- Ability to work in a target driven environment and deliver on expectations and high quality output independently
- Ability to communicate concisely and accurately, especially externally
- Strong track record in internal and external stakeholder and Regulatory reporting
- Strong focus on delivering high quality output within tight timeframes
- Strong team player with collaboration and relationship management skills and effective working relationships with teams and departments not directly in your control
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, multi-dimensional and matrix organization
- Ability to engage and motivate cross functional and multiple location teams to deliver
- Ability to challenge, develop / enhance existing processes and improve continually
- Intercultural competencies and the ability to understand complex processes and quickly and efficiently adapt to changes
- Highly motivated individual used to working in a highly performance driven, professional and international environment
- Excellent command of the English language, French language skills beneficial
|Category||Accountancy / Finance, Insurance|
Apply for this job
|21/03/2017||Senior Accountant Statutory Reporting (m/f)||Luxembourg|