||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
Territory & New Business Development Manager Paper Coatings
Based in Windhof, Luxembourg or Recklinghausen, Germany
The selected candidate will conduct field and promotional work to sell and develop new and existing business accounts and will be acting as Manager of the assigned territory. The selected candidate will be accountable for territory growth, development of new business opportunities and customer satisfaction. He/She will combine industry and product knowledge to identify, develop and implement New Business Development projects in close cooperation of select customers to deliver sustainable growth.
- General Business: Act as the Manager of an assigned territory, accountable for territory growth, development of new business opportunities and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Business Development: Inform company relative to marketing trends, competitive products and pricing. Combine industry and product knowledge to identify, develop and implement New Business Development projects in close cooperation of select customers to deliver sustainable growth.
- Financial Objectives, Business Plans and Budget: Work with Regional Sales Manager to plan and develop strategic direction of sales efforts, inventory management, invoicing, forecasting and special pricing and volume discounts to ensure customer needs
- Customer Relationships: Develop and maintain relationships with internal, external customers and prospects, traveling regularly, attending trade shows and visiting key customers to assure customer needs.
- Territory Management: Work with Regional Sales Manager to determine and justify the appropriate way to segment and reach the market and quantify the market potential.
- Account Management: Recognize the opportunity within each account and determine frequency of account visits. Understand each project's objective and the account's ability to commercialize new projects. Assure win/win for key people within each account is established and met.
- Representative Management: Manage (develop strategies, measure effectiveness and articulate course corrections) each element of the sales funnel within the territory, ensure it is sufficiently robust to sustain targeted growth rates. Keep consultative selling skills and tools current.
- Other: Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Speak and write fluent in German and English
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Proficient in standard business office software
- Ability to quickly learn and use specialized business software (Michelman business intelligence, sales and marketing software)
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups
- Able to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets
- High levels of self-motivation, initiative, and interpersonal skill
- Ability to quickly achieve a thorough knowledge of Michelman products and their usage
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a science related to Paper industry
- Advanced business degree preferred
- Sales/Business Development background with a proven tracking record of sales growth in Paper coatings
- Strong market knowledge and industry contacts
- Experience in commercializing and launching new products 8+ years of specialty chemical sales experience, preferably in the Paper coating Industry
- Strong chemical knowledge
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Able to work independently
- Able to travel by car and plane to visit a diverse, regional base of customers (Approximately up to 60% travel)
- Able to perform job duties at remote locations including industrial sites, chemical facilities, customer centers, and other locations
Resume and cover letter with salary history and requirements can be submitted via the platform jobs.lu
|Location||Windhof / Recklinghausen|
|Category||Sales Management, Sales, Industry|