||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
Our customer is an international and diversified trading and distribution company of raw materials and commodities for the steel, foundry and other metals industries, with a strong focus on customer service achieved through global presence in Europe, The United States, China and Brazil and a dedicated team of more than 150 experienced professionals. The company realizes the supply of more than 1 million tons of material per year. For their EMEA Headquarters based in Luxembourg, we are looking for a (m/f):
RAW MATERIALS TRADER
Develop your commercial potential
- You will be accountable for the development, sourcing and selling of your defined product portfolio.
- You will manage all inquiries received from customers, will prepare offers by calculating the quotations (considering supplier prices, currency fluctuations, logistics costs, financial terms, etc.).
- You will negotiate with different stakeholders (supplier, direct or indirect customers, internally with logistics etc.).
- You will have the P&L responsibility for your defined product portfolio, with the key financial objective to maximize margins.
- You will look for potential new customers and suppliers, or new products, to widen the trading activity in your field.
- You will develop the knowledge about your product portfolio, collecting and communicating internally information on a regular basis.
- You will coordinate and delegate operational tasks to the business support staff, and will coordinate with Risk, Tax & Legal and Quality for the approval and homologation of counterparties.
- You will travel to visit customers/suppliers or to attend conferences etc.
- You will report to the Head of Business Unit Ferroalloys.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent through experience. Master degree is not required but a plus.
- You have at least 7 years of professional Commercial/Sales experience preferably within industrial environments.
- You have at least a first experience as a Trader, Buyer or Business Analyst/Support for products requiring the knowledge of logistics flow and processes.
- You are fluent in English (written and oral). Any other European language is a plus.
- You have ideally a good knowledge of International Commercial and financial terms.
- You demonstrate strong negotiation skills and you are able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Entrepreneurial, problem solver and organized, you take initiatives and work effectively with deadlines.
- Strongly customer oriented, you interact remotely with multicultural partners in an effective way.
- You are ready to regularly travel (customers, suppliers, conferences).
- A key trading position with a worldwide scope within an important trade and distribution global player. A growing international group & a multicultural environment including more than 16 nationalities. The opportunity to learn about products, customers and suppliers and to demonstrate your negotiation skills. A competitive remuneration package in line with your experience.
Please send your application via the platform jobs.lu. Do not forget to mention reference BE750316.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.