||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
Builders Insurance Holdings S.A. is a fast evolving group of insurance and reinsurance companies based in Luxembourg, belonging to an international construction group, and specialised in North American casualty & surety business since 15 years.
Due to an increase in our activities we are currently looking for an IT Engineer supporting the IT Manager work across all legal entities of the Luxembourg Group. The job is mainly designated for a full time employment but it is also possible to for a part-time employee (minimum of 80%).
- Report to the IT Manager
- Draft IT procedures
- Support end users on IT stuff (computer, printer, mobile, telephone, video conference systems, desktop computer applications …)
- Work with complex network environments and concepts including multi-site VPN's, clustering, load balancing, VLANs, and firewalls
- Manage virtual and hardware on-site IT infrastructure (Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Administration, Control domain, Virtual Machines, data back-up systems, File and Application servers, Print servers, Databases…)
- Implement tools to monitor solutions put in place by the IT provider for both on-site and hosted activities on network health, security and infrastructure
- Work with complex enterprise database systems (SQL, Oracle..)
- Monitor day-to-day backups and off-site/ on-site storage (on tapes or other solution)
- Assists with disaster recovery planning and testing
- Manage remote environment Citrix and RDS
- Train non-technical colleagues on the use of software applications or technical concepts linked to their daily activity (Windows 7 or 10, printer/driver use, drives mapping, software main functionalities..)
- Be the intermediary between the company and the external IT provider on daily activities (open tickets, discuss cloud and local infrastructures matters…)
- Be the intermediary between the company and other external providers linked to IT matters
Other ancillary activities can be assigned to the IT Engineer according to his(her) skills and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is mandatory; Master's degree in Computer Engineering is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in similar activities / environment
- Experience in Citrix and RDS is required
- Up to Windows 10 workstation and up to Windows server 2012 experience is required
- Knowledge of Visio tool Cloud technology and skills in programming is an asset (macros, VB, Java, Dot.net…)
- Fluent in French and English
- Rigorous, creative, hardworking and highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of both communicating with IT provider as well as colleagues
- Ability to take initiative & manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- French is compulsory and good knowledge of English
- Person authorized to work in Luxembourg
We offer a young and friendly work environment and the opportunity to learn from both training on the job and external programs. This is also the opportunity to discover a sector of activity in evolution further to Solvency II implementation in January 2016.
If you are interested in working for a company in an international environment and like the idea of being part of a small team with a positive, high performance culture, please send your resume and cover letter via the platform jobs.lu.
Job Location: Luxembourg
Contract: CDI, Full Time
|Category||IT / Programming|
|Terms||Permanent, Full-time, Part-time|
Apply for this job
|22/04/2017||Team Assistant (m/f)||Steinfort|
|21/04/2017||Risk Management Trainee (m/f)||Steinfort|