||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
To provide business with legal analysis, as well as regulatory, legal and tax expertise is imperative to the strategic development of our Group. Reporting to the General Counsel, we have an exciting role for a Legal Business & Corporate Expert. This is a key role that will support the distribution and market development of our wealth management insurance solutions in select markets.
Advice, legal and tax expertise
- Ensure the legal and tax follow up and maintenance of our existing life insurance portfolio mainly for our core markets with regulatory, legal and tax expertise
- Secure the legal and regulatory environment from both from a Luxembourg and cross border perspective under the European Freedom to Provide Service rules
- Deliver legal expertise to internal clients, review and advise on business and financial agreements (such as custodian bank, asset management and distribution agreements)
- Follow-up on important developments in the focus market, including legal and tax watch, while driving innovation and strategic opportunities
- Lead - on the legal side - projects related to regulatory changes by delivering accurate analysis, follow-up and implementation solutions for significant regulatory initiatives.
- Update current General Terms and Conditions (GTCs) of our current product range
Management of legal cases
- Manage and advise on complaints or disputes with third parties which could lead to legal proceedings or actions
- Resolve problems or disputes without litigation or the use of external legal services giving full consideration for legal and commercial aspects
- Manage and coordinate external legal services ensuring maximal protection of the Group’s interests
- Provide our clients and partners with a wealth structuring support using life insurance
- Design, on reactive and pro-active basis, wealth structuring solutions taking into account the local tax and legal constraints while respecting the OneLife’s business model
- Participate as tax and legal expert to the product development designing the product specificities and ensuring the development of the legal documentation
- Support the internal stakeholders for the legal and tax maintenance of the existing business
- Participate actively in marketing initiatives including event, newsletter, partner training, etc.
- Master degree in Law with a specialization in civil law, corporate and tax law and/or insurance law.
- At least, 7 years’ experience in delivering legal & tax expertise to sales, marketing and product development
- Additional expertise across matrimonial laws, inheritance law, taxation of income, Private Equity is considered as an advantage
- Active listening and good communication skills
- Able to adapt to different level of stakeholders
- Open to multicultural and multilingual diversity
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Problem solver & solution oriented
- Fluent French and English (written and spoken). Additional European languages are an asset (Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish)
OneLife. Several reasons
OneLife exists to overturn conventional attitudes to life assurance. A specialist in this area with over 25 years’ experience, we develop cross-border financial planning solutions for Ultra High Net Worth, High Net Worth and High Affluent clients across Europe.
Whether it’s a question of long-term savings, inheritance planning, tax optimisation, or simply understanding how to better manage wealth, we are dedicated to providing sophisticated, compliant and innovative solutions that are crafted to suit each individual and their evolving needs.
Together with a solid network of select partners – including private banks, family offices and independent financial advisers – our dynamic team of international experts offer a fresh approach that helps understand and anticipate the needs of wealthy clients in a world of change.
With more than €6bn in assets under management, OneLife is owned by J.C. Flowers & Co – one of the leading investment firms in the international finance industry.
Join the teamIf you’re interested in joining the team, send your application in English to us via the platform of jobs.lu.
Apply for this job
|20/04/2017||Tax and Legal Advisor (m/f)||Capellen|
|20/04/2017||Customer Services Manager (m/f)||Capellen|