||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Legal Service at its headquarters in Luxembourg,
(Junior/Senior) Equity Funds Transaction Lawyer(s) depending on experience
Appointments will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of 3 years
This is a generic campaign in view of both current and possible future vacancies
As part of the European Investment Fund's (EIF) legal team, the successful candidates will mainly advise on private equity and venture capital funds investments, including co-investments.
At a level commensurate with professional experience, the (Junior/Senior) Equity Funds Transaction Lawyer will work autonomously under the supervision of the relevant Head of Unit/Head of Division.
- Efficiently manage assigned tasks in order to provide quick, reliable, and high-quality deliverables to various internal/external stakeholders;
- Negotiate (or participate to ) the legal aspects of transactions,
- Contribute to the design and development of new financial instruments;
- Guide, train and, if required, lead more junior staff members;
- Design, develop and implement relationships (or participate to the above);
- Lead (or contribute to) the structuring and development of transactions, acting as key point of contact;
- Maintain a specialist competence in their area of expertise;
- Build a network of high level/quality external contacts, European Commission, financial community, EIB and other key stakeholders;
- Participate and represent EIF and the Legal Service where required at external meetings, conferences, workshops, fund representation bodies, committees, etc;Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team; Liaise where necessary with external consultants and supervise their work.
- University degree in law, preferably complemented with a post-graduate degree;
- At least two (2) years of relevant post-qualification professional experience for the Junior role and at least five (5) years of relevant post-qualification professional experience for the Senior role preferably in a leading international law firm;
- Proven knowledge (good understanding ) of equity transactions (private equity, venture capital, etc.), in the context of direct or indirect investments;
- Good understanding of the European venture capital and private equity industry;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Strong team player;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise;
- Ability to draft documents promptly and in a concise manner;
- Ability to develop innovative and efficient legal solutions;
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines;
- Ability to argue convincingly and achieve consensus among colleagues and third parties on legal matters;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment.
Deadline for application: 9th June 2017
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply for this job
|25/05/2017||(Junior) Administrative Assistant||Luxembourg|