||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Junior Engineer, Software
Role Description Summary
This project related position will primarily support the development and validation of our Universal Customer Interface (UCI) for ticket management, asset tracking and Service-level agreement (SLA) reporting based on Open Source Ticket Request System (OTRS).
The incumbent will also support the integration of UCI with the proprietary Monitoring & Control (M&C) solution of SES Techcom Services for the operational support of SES TechCom S.A. commercial services.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Support the specification, implementation and validation of new UCI functionalities
- Support the integration of UCI with other Operational Support Systems such as M&C and SAP
- Support the configuration and deployment of integrated Open Source System (OSS) solutions for SES Techcom Services new commercial services
- Support the attraction of new projects for SES and SES Techcom Services: in cooperation with the sales team, contribute to the preparation of international tenders and proposals
- Participate in the customization and improvement of operational support systems for customer projects
- Define tests for new requirements and functionalities
- Develop and execute automated unit and functional non-regression tests
- Manage product documentation and configuration
- Monitoring, awareness and evaluation of relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements, standardisation licensing and regulatory aspects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both in a team and independently as required
- Quick learner
- Strong interest in Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance
Qualification & Experience
- Master Degree in System/Software Engineering, or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Have minimum one year of experience in telecommunication sector
- Advanced Information and Communications Technology (ICT) knowledge with experience in Linux and Perl
- Experience in AngularJS and REST; experience in Wildfly and mobile development (iOS/Android) is considered as an asset
- Experience in Open-source Ticket Request System (OTRS), Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) or other Operational and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS) is considered an asset
- Understanding of Virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing, Software Build System, Ticketing Systems
- Fluency in English; any other language is consider as an asset
Other Key Requirements / Comments
- Willing to travel internationally
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Category||IT / Programming, Manufacturing / Engineering|
Apply for this job
|26/06/2017||Senior Engineer, Optical Communication Systems||L-6815 Betzdorf, LU|
|26/06/2017||Director, Human Capital Analytics & Information Systems||Betzdorf|
|25/06/2017||Senior Analyst, Accounting Services (fixed-term)||Betzdorf|
|25/06/2017||Controller, Customer Service Delivery||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||(Senior) Engineer, Systems Engineering (fixed-term contract, 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Summer Job - Ground Operations||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Internship - Customer Service Delivery / Inventory Management System||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Internship - Open Source Software Development (4 months)||Betzdorf|
|23/06/2017||( Senior) Engineer, New Technology and Standards ( Video & IP Technology)||6815 Luxembourg, LU|