||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
GovSat is a brand operated by LuxGovSat S.A., a public-private joint venture between the Luxembourg Government and SES, the world-leading satellite operator.
Our mission is to provide secure, reliable and accessible satellite communication services for governments – addressing the demand for connectivity resulting from defense and civilian security applications.
GovSat introduces a new type of geostationary satellite aimed exclusively at government and defense users and our 24/7 secure operations with security-cleared personnel and experts will further support the demands of institutional and defense applications.
MOC (Mission Operations Center) Controller
Role Description Summary
The position is responsible for the 24/7 support, management and monitoring of GovSat services, specifically supporting Governmental defence and Civilian/Institutional security communications.
The incumbent is expected to take ownership, diagnose and resolve service anomalies in both the RF Payload and IP domains as part of a predefined incident management process. He / She will also perform routine operational tasks such as spectral policing, trouble ticket management, service reporting and carrier line-up activities.
As a member of a multi-skilled shift team operating within a purpose built, GovSat Secure Missions Operations Centre, the incumbent will also support other GovSat operational systems involved in the service delivery chain.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Maintain services to the highest possible standards, considering primarily service availability and quality through the use of automatic and manual monitoring and analysis systems
- Provide 24/7 service support to GovSat customers and/or users (Rotate shifts on 24-hour duty, 7 days per week)
- Ensure spectral policing of GovSat platforms and assets
- Operate GovSat managed platforms and associated networks (global scope) with the expectation of working with Network Management Systems (NMS) from multiples vendors in the IP domain
- Be accountable for the delivery of industry leading customer service
- Perform timely and effective troubleshooting and service recovery actions
- Perform line ups of uplinks as required
- Provide technical support to customers and/or users
- Create operational reports and statistics as required
- Ensure the availability and preparedness of GovSat monitoring systems for Data services
- Liaise with and escalate to Engineering support when required (Level 2)
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Strong aptitude for a systems approach to problem solving, and good analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer / user focus
- High operational awareness
- Ability to work both in a team and independently as required (the incumbent will act as a lone worker during some shifts)
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and stress resistance
- Flexibility in working times
- Strong ability to set priorities
- Willingness and drive to continuously acquire new knowledge and skills
- Willingness to foster innovation to develop the working environment
- Fluency in English and any other languages will be considered as an asset
Qualification & Experience
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Minimum two years of work experience in the Telecommunication Industry
- Experience in operating satellite platforms, including VSAT and associated systems
- Good knowledge of satellite communications techniques, architecture and protocols
- Knowledge of satellite communications, networking and/or IT systems
- Knowledge of RF Geolocation
- Understanding of IP networks and acquaintance with platforms and Internet infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Carrier Monitoring systems and functionality
- Working knowledge of systems and server infrastructure
Other Key Requirements / Comments
- Accurate reporting
- Understanding of the unique demands of working within the Governmental institutional area
- NATO/EU Secret clearance are mandatory
We offer you:
- A diverse workplace, at GovSat we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
|Category||IT / Programming, Manufacturing / Engineering, Telecom|
Apply for this job
|26/06/2017||Senior Engineer, Optical Communication Systems||L-6815 Betzdorf, LU|
|26/06/2017||Director, Human Capital Analytics & Information Systems||Betzdorf|
|25/06/2017||Senior Analyst, Accounting Services (fixed-term)||Betzdorf|
|25/06/2017||Controller, Customer Service Delivery||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Junior Engineer, Software (fixed-term contract, 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||(Senior) Engineer, Systems Engineering (fixed-term contract, 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Summer Job - Ground Operations||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Internship - Customer Service Delivery / Inventory Management System||Betzdorf|
|24/06/2017||Internship - Open Source Software Development (4 months)||Betzdorf|
|23/06/2017||( Senior) Engineer, New Technology and Standards ( Video & IP Technology)||6815 Luxembourg, LU|