At IEE, we know all about cutting-edge sensing technology. We should, for more than 25 years, we’ve been making sensing systems for the world’s major car manufacturers. We’re headquartered in Luxembourg, but we have offices and plants in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We’re a global company with the local expertise to ensure our customers receive the support they need and we’re proud that our innovative sensing solutions enable people to lead better, safer and easier lives.
A company is only as good as its people. And, as we always want to be at the top of our game, you’ll need to be there too if you want to work with us. We are currently looking for the right person to join our Software team as a:
Software Engineer (m/f)
Located in Contern* / Luxembourg
Your responsibilities would include:
- Developing PC software applications in C, C#, C++ or Java to support the development of embedded automotive systems, e.g. data collection and configuration tools
- Developing applications for automatic test runs that interface with the device during tests, and with test equipment like climatic chambers and power supplies
- Integrating and using third party (internal and external) libraries for the respective software tools in order to interface with:
- the device during tests
- the test equipment
- Developing demo PC software applications for IEE’s complete product range, e.g. night vision systems, gesture control systems, people counter systems, access control systems, unattended child detection systems, etc.
- Supporting the improvement of the PC Tool development process
- Supporting tool validation
- Configuring Web servers used as status and configuring servers for embedded devices
You would need to meet the following requirements:
- A university degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant professional experience, automotive sector is a plus
- Experience in C, C++, C# or Java programming languages is a must
- Experience in the following areas is an asset:
- HTML-server application
- Optical systems
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Communication of PC and external devices via Ethernet or USB
- Knowledge of automotive networks (CAN, LIN, PSI5) is an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory, any additional languages are an asset
- Good communication, analytical skills and the ability to work well within a team
Why would you want to work with us?
At IEE we’re dynamic, motivated, and solution-oriented. We're proud of our heritage but, at the same time, very focused on the future. We want to make a difference and we'll respect and value your contribution.
Joining our team means
- developing new ideas, looking at things from a different perspective and daring to change the status quo
- co-operating respectfully, honestly and truthfully
- working towards a common goal
If you’re interested in this role, please send your application via our career page (see link in contact details above).
You’d like to apply?
* As a founding member of the Luxembourg Automotive Campus, IEE will be moving its Contern operations to Bissen in 2019.