We are looking for a graphic artist with up-to-date knowledge to work on flooring products or other decorative surfaces. Main focus is to create printable decor files, based on scans from real materials but also handle the colour separation of such files.
Name of the german governmental apprenticeship and according translations:
Mediengestalter/in für Digital- und Printmedien, Mediendesign
Designer (m/f) of digital and print media – media design
Concepteur/Conceptrice médiatique des supports numérique et imprimés – présentation mediatique
- Create flooring patterns based on scans from real material (wood, stone, other...)
- Merge single modular items (e.g. wood planks, ceramic tiles) into an allover design for direct printing or engraving
- Review and correct material pattern details in order to create a good allover result
- Work on the repeat of the created pattern and define the printing length
- Manage separations of the created files and work with the colour design colleagues on a matching colouration
- Research new possibilities for flooring design with digital printing
- Secure the pre-press process including colour proofing
- Knowledge of scanning operations or raw material sourcing is considered as a plus.
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop or other visual design tools. Knowlegde on AVA CAD/CAM or other specified colouration software is a plus.
- Professional use of design related hardware (e.g. computer, printer, colour tools...)
- A 5-year experience in décor design (flooring, furniture, wallpaper or fabrics etc.)
- Willingness to explore new CAD/CAM systems for flooring design
- Team player with strong communication and technical skills
- Fluent written and spoken english
As a member of the EMEA design department you will interact with your colleagues from gravure printing development (studio) and work also with teams from production and industrialization. As this position is completely new, you will be a vital part of building this position inside the design team and create your own way of working.
You will be reporting to the Senior Design Manager digital. The position will be based in Clervaux (Luxemburg). We are offering a modern workplace with an up-to-date hardware and an international team.