||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
The Chief Conducting Risk Officer will build and implement the risk management framework for the AIFM (firstly for the Private Equity and Real Estate strategies). The Chief Conducting Risk Officer will supervise the Risk Officer, and will review the risk assessments for the AIFs, the risk matrices, and the risk reports for internal and external stakeholders.
He/she will review and approve investment level risk assessments and their overall contribution to the risk profile of the AIFs from investment due diligence / screening through approval, acquisition and during the holding period. In addition, the Chief Conducting Risk Officer is responsible for the valuations of the AIFs; will oversee and monitor the AIFM’s valuation function, and is a voting member of the Valuation Committee.
The role will liaise with the Conducting Officer of Portfolio Management on a regular basis to discuss AIF investment activity. Furthermore, the Chief Conducting Risk Officer will oversee the AIFM’s delegated compliance function, and as such, will liaise with the AIFM Compliance Officer and the AIFM Local Regulatory and Compliance Advisor on at least a quarterly basis.The role is responsible for providing regular updates to the AIFM Board of Directors on the performance of the risk management function and will certify the risk management policies, procedures and reporting processes (and analyze their effectiveness) on an ongoing basis. He/she will develop the risk framework in light of new business activities and changes in applicable laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the performance of the risk management function (reviewing and approving investment level risk assessments, risk matrices, risk reports, and developing the framework in light of new business activities and changes in applicable laws and regulations
- Overseeing the AIFM valuation function and participating to the valuation committees/sub-committees
- Conducting periodic meetings with the Conducting Officer of Portfolio Management to discuss investment activity
- AIFM Board updates, and escalation meetings as appropriate
- Overseeing and supervising the delegated compliance function
- Participating in annual relevant industry trainings or working groups such as reporting and legal requirements with respect to AIFMD risk management
- Liaising with external stakeholders (e.g. lawyers, regulators)
- At least 7 years of experience in Risk Management
- Experience in the alternative fund industry (or exposure to through a service provider relationship) is required, credit knowledge is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the Luxembourg and EU regulatory framework, especially with regard to the risk management requirements
- Financial Risk Manager certification preferred
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills – both written and oral will be required in a global context
- Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple business tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
|Category||Accountancy / Finance, Banking, Financial Services|
|Contact||KR International Recruitment|