||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
RBC Investor & Treasury Services (RBC I&TS) is a specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide. We serve clients from 20 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, delivering services to safeguard client assets and maximize liquidity. As a strong, stable partner, focused on meeting our clients' evolving needs, RBC I&TS has an unwavering commitment to managing operational risk in our business and the highest credit ratings among our peers. Rated by our clients as the #1 global custodian for six consecutive years, RBC I&TS is trusted with over USD 3 trillion in client assets under administration as at July 31, 2016.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Director, Regulatory Solutions, RBC Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS), you will be responsible for supporting the management of global regulatory changes impacting I&TS and its clients mostly in Europe, to ensure timely communication of regulatory developments from a business perspective, including the identification and escalation of commercial opportunities relating to regulatory change.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the identification, assessment and escalation of key regulatory changes affecting I&TS and its clients from a business perspective:
- Monitor the regulatory environment;
- Identify regulatory changes;
- Conduct High Level Impact Assessments, which include information on the financial impact and potential revenue generation from the regulatory change.
- Communicate with local stakeholders and respond to questions on the regulatory topics
- Develop recommendations for regulatory project commencement and approval of preliminary funding;
- Prepare Preliminary Assessments to transition to Gate 3 of the Project Management Framework; and
- Participate or conduct gap analysis on specific regulatory topics.
- Partners with key business and functional groups to successfully manage evolving global regulatory developments for I&TS, including the following:
- Preparation of PARs for Regulatory Projects;
- Representing Regulatory Solutions on Regulatory Project Working Groups responsible for solution delivery and implementation;
- Monitor compliance status progress by keeping track of regulatory requirements
- Assessing proper Regulatory Project closure and the achievement of regulatory requirements.
- Act as a liaison on a local basis, respond to local stakeholders requests in a coordinated way with the team in Canada and participate in local meetings between 1st and 2nd line of defense
What do you need to succeed?
- 10-15 years progressive financial industry experience / Prior experience in the implementation of complex and effective regulatory solutions and projects
- Strong understanding / knowledge of capital markets, investment fund and custody markets, banking sector and related industry regulations
- Post-secondary education including Master degree or multiple Bachelor degrees preferably in Mathematics, Science, Finance, Economics and/or Law
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory / compliance risk and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (French and English)
- Works with minimal supervision and guidance, Results oriented, Team player
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in project management
- Proven track record of applying creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus across disciplines, departments and platforms
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
|Category||Accountancy / Finance, Financial Services, Legal|