||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
RBC Investor & Treasury Services (RBC I&TS) is a specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide. We serve clients from 20 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, delivering services to safeguard client assets and maximize liquidity. As a strong, stable partner, focused on meeting our clients' evolving needs, RBC I&TS has an unwavering commitment to managing operational risk in our business and the highest credit ratings among our peers. Rated by our clients as the #1 global custodian for six consecutive years, RBC I&TS is trusted with over USD 3 trillion in client assets under administration as at July 31, 2016.
RBC Investor Services Bank S.A. is a fully owned by Royal Bank Holdings Inc.; and is an instrumental platform to the international growth of the RBC Investor & Treasury Services segment. It is a bank headquartered in Luxembourg, with operations conducted throughout RBC Investor Services Bank S.A. and its subsidiaries and branches in about 10 countries around the world. It offers institutional investors an integrated suite of products, including global custody, fund and pension administration, securities lending, shareholder services, analytics and other related services. It offers clients a unique value proposition – the geographic reach of a global player, together with the client services quality of a local provider. It has 2,509 employees and Assets under Administration of 1.0 trillion EUR, as at October 31st, 2016.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, as, the Director of Accounting Policy and Change of RBC Investor Services (IS) Bank S.A. you will report to the CFO of RBC IS Bank, whose mission is to assume the financial and accounting management of the institution. You will the Finance leader and reference point in driving technical accounting and change within a large and global bank with 1 Trillion EUR of Assets under Administration.
What will you do?
Technical Accounting Governance Ownership:
- Ensure the consistent, updated and accurate interpretation and implementation of IFRS accounting principles across the 10+ RBC IS Bank and Subsidiaries around the world, ~65+ finance professionals and multiple legacy and Enterprise financial and accounting systems
- Verify the soundness of the financial and accounting management of the institution on a regular basis. It shall adapt the internal policies and procedures in light of the internal and external, current and anticipated changes to accounting guidance/standards and the lessons learnt from the past. (ex: IFRS9, IFRS16 etc…)
- Liaise with the Corporate Accounting Policy Groups in Toronto and London and ensure appropriate Enterprise policy is in place at RBC IS Bank S.A.
Financial & Accounting Processes and Systems Oversight and Support:
- Lead and own RBC IS Bank’s Monthly Balance Sheet Attestation Process results and action items, ensure consistency of approach across all entities.
- Oversee SOX controls, regulatory reporting, the preparation of the annual accounts and their disclosures across all geographies, as required, and coordinate the Long Form Reporting exercise across the entities of RBC IS Bank annually.
- Lead annual reviews of Local GAAP to IFRS difference walks, and a pre-close financial statements review exercise prior to the year-end close.
Business & Functional Leadership:
- Leverage his/her knowledge, experience and expertise to be a valued, highly strategic partner and advisor at all levels and across all functions of the RBC IS Bank, the RBC I&TS segment, RBC Europe and Asia and the RBC Group/Enterprise teams. In particular as well, with the Corporate Accounting Policy Group in Toronto, Canada.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors, and ensure appropriate and standard measures are implemented across the Bank and its subsidiaries on any agreed corrective actions.
What do you need to succeed?
- ~15+ years with proven leadership, communication and technical accounting experience and a proven experience in a broad range of business situations (growth, M&A, Dispositions, run-offs)
- Accounting designation (CPA CA or international equivalent) required
- Strong governance & technical accounting mindset with proven ability to execute individually and indirectly through others
- Seasoned manager, able to communicate clearly and to lead a large international team and senior business leaders
- Independent and able to deal with demanding business partners (and exert authority and confidence in a relationship-friendly manner) while being unbiased.
- Other European Languages an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
|Location||Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg or Dublin, Ireland|
|Category||Accountancy / Finance, Financial Services|