||Report this job If you have concerns about this job advert, please let us know|
RBC Investor & Treasury Services (RBC I&TS) is a specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide. We serve clients from 20 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, delivering services to safeguard client assets and maximize liquidity. As a strong, stable partner, focused on meeting our clients' evolving needs, RBC I&TS has an unwavering commitment to managing operational risk in our business and the highest credit ratings among our peers. Rated by our clients as the #1 global custodian for six consecutive years, RBC I&TS is trusted with over USD 3 trillion in client assets under administration as at July 31, 2016.
RBC Investor Services Bank S.A. is a fully owned by Royal Bank Holdings Inc.; and is an instrumental platform to the international growth of the RBC Investor & Treasury Services segment. It is a bank headquartered in Luxembourg, with operations conducted throughout RBC Investor Services Bank S.A. and its subsidiaries and branches in about 10 countries around the world. It offers institutional investors an integrated suite of products, including global custody, fund and pension administration, securities lending, shareholder services, analytics and other related services. It offers clients a unique value proposition – the geographic reach of a global player, together with the client services quality of a local provider. It has 2,509 employees and Assets under Administration of 1.0 trillion EUR, as at October 31st, 2016.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, the Director of Performance Management and Financial Planning & Analysis of RBC Investor Services (IS) Bank S.A. will be an integral member of the team of the Chief Financial Officer of RBC IS Bank. You will the Finance leader and reference point in driving performance management and financial planning and analysis within a large and global bank with 1 Trillion EUR of Assets under Administration.
What will you do?
Management, Statutory, Product and Client Financial Performance Reporting & Analysis:
- Providing timely and insightful consolidated Bank Management & Statutory Business Performance reporting & analysis for the leadership of the Bank, RBC Europe, RBC I&TS Segment and RBC Enterprise and numerous Operating Committees.
- Ensuring a “single source-of-truth” Management Information System (MIS) engine to support Product and Client profitability management and statutory financial performance reporting, including all drivers of financial performance (financial and non-financial) across the bank and its subsidiaries
- Monitoring progress of key decisions, risks, opportunities, projects and/or business or product events that will impact financial performance, to ensure closure or resolution is achieved
Management and Statutory Financial Planning, Forecasting and Stress Testing:
- Leading, coordinating, consolidating and defining standardized, yet with local inputs and accountability, Planning and Forecasting processes for the 20+ entities in ~10 different countries across the Bank covering both statutory and management financials.
- Support the business, challenge the status quo and drive a plan that delivers satisfactory long term returns on capital for the Strategic Investor, RBC Bank
- Collaborate with Treasury, Risk and other Business functions to perform Bank stress testing exercises required under ILAAP, ICAAP, internal monitoring or ad hoc regulatory requests
Business & Functional Leadership:
- Leverage knowledge, experience and expertise to be a valued, highly strategic partner and advisor at all levels of the RBC IS Bank S.A., the RBC I&TS segment, RBC Europe and Asia and the RBC Group/Enterprise teams and specifically with the VP of Performance Management, I&TS.
- People Management: Leads and develops a team of analysts, building increased capability in business /technology analytic and process re-engineering,
What do you need to succeed?
- ~15+ years with proven leadership, communication and performance management experience, with a proven experience in a broad range of business situations (growth, M&A, Dispositions, run-offs)
- Deep Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Information Systems, Modelling and Performance Measurement experience in Financial Services
- Seasoned manager, able to communicate clearly and to steering a large international organization
- Strong business acumen and comfortable interacting with senior business leaders and show a proven ability to execute individually and indirectly through others
- Independent and able to deal with demanding business partners (and exert authority and confidence in a relationship-friendly manner) while being unbiased.
- Accounting designation (CPA CA or international equivalent) an asset
- Familiarity with asset servicing industry (custody, fund accounting, shareholder services/transfer agency, etc) would be an asset;
- French, and/or other European or Asian languages
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
|Category||Accountancy / Finance, Financial Services|