European Capital Partners (‘ECP’) is a Luxembourg-based Management Company and asset management boutique which focuses on two areas of activities:
- Asset management services with various actively-managed listed equities strategies based
on an Entrepreneurial Value Investing approach;
- Management Company services for internal funds and external asset managers.
We are open-minded team, flexible, and very entrepreneurial, i.e. we praise initiatives and autonomy.
For its growing risk management team, ECP is looking for a Junior Risk Analyst. Depending on his/her experience and qualifications, the successful candidate will join ECP as an intern or directly as a full-time employee.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Risk manager:
- Analyse and perform risk and performance measurements of AIF and UCITS funds (the “funds”) (e.g. gross & commitment exposures, ex-ante VaR, stress testing, back testing, expost returns, volatilities, performance ratios, etc);
- Develop, maintain and issue risk and performance reports of the funds on a periodical basis;
- Perform investment compliance checks on transactions in listed securities/derivatives and in alternative assets classes;
- Develop, maintain and control the quality of ECP’s risk database and platform;
- Define, update and monitor qualitative and quantitative Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) on alternative assets (private equity, real-estate and debt);
- Draft and review internal procedures related to risk and compliance activities;
- Implement legal and regulatory risk and compliance updates / changes.
- First-time experience and up to 3 years of professional experience
- Master degree (or equivalent), preferably in mathematics, computer engineering, or finance/economics;
- Capacity to program in Visual Basic for Applications (Excel-VBA) and SQL (Sqlite), or good knowledge of similar programming languages;
- Knowledge of the fund industry, financial markets and instruments;
- Fluent in English, and preferably in French;
- Risk or financial certification (FRM, PRM,…) is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg is a plus.
We are looking for a bright individual willing to join an ambitious team, able to adapt to an entrepreneurial environment and eager to learn.
We believe that you should be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to define problems, collect and analyse data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Organized person, detail oriented, thorough and reliable;
- Great team spirit, good-natured and composed;
- Creative and business minded, you seek to develop your skills and knowledge on a selfmotivated basis.