Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day and will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology globally and is responsible for moving the right materials to the right place at the right time in a compliant manner to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It is a fast-paced operation, supported by data and metrics that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally. Our growth rate is vigorous and we are expanding through volume, product offerings and global footprint. A global team made up of SME’s in transportation, trade compliance, logistics and inventory management, the Logistics team is seeking a Europe Distribution Manager. Reporting to the Manager of Global Logistics, the successful candidate will have a proven track-record of out sourced warehouse management.
The role is responsible for leading European warehouse operations for Amazon Robotics. This includes collaborating with the Global Logistics Manager to drive daily operations and continuous improvement to yield world class results through globally consistent processes yielding metrics driven performance and incremental process automation. The successful candidate will drive daily operations including process defect reporting, escalations within 3PL’s, expediting critical material sets and monitoring facility capacities.
· Responsible for controlling quality, performance, and capacity of contract logistics providers.
· Drive operational excellence by developing and improving KPIs and SLAs.
· Contribute to process improvements, cost optimization and sustainability initiatives in collaboration with Robotics Supply Chain leadership.
· Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
· Support contract negotiations and ramp-ups of new warehouses.
· Prioritize projects and data flow improvements (eg EDI), evaluate and set stakeholder expectations.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Professional experience within a 3PL logistics provider, supply chain, logistics and distribution or operations environment in an international company
· Experience working with key stakeholders to drive decisions and meet key deliverables
· Experience managing and delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
· Project Management experience and proficient in MS Suite including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
· Ability to travel ~20%
· MBA, MS or MA in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or appropriate professional experience
· Quantitative and qualitative experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, or Business experience
· Experience with various warehouse models such as bonded, FTZ
· Strong business and financial acumen with data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail and bias for action
· Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
· Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.