Global Asset Manager is looking to hire a Risk Manager for their office in Luxembourg. The role will focus on Alternative Investment Funds. The position will report directly into the Conducting Officer for risk. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join a people-focused business, in a well-established office and growing risk team!
- The Risk Manager for Alternative Investment Funds will review and update the risk management process and policy of the AIFs, including liquid and illiquid assets.
- Responsible for the AIFM/AIFS Regulatory Risk reporting.
- Review of fund documents, legal agreements from a risk perspective, to make sure they are in line with AIFM Law, product law and asset management/HIFL risk appetitive.
- Support the Conducting Officer responsible for risk management in the day to day duties.
- Produce, review and analyse market, liquidity, counterparty, credit and operational risk reports on a regular basis.
- Escalate issues /concerns to senior management and report such results.
- Provide oversight of the Investment Managers (IMs), local risk teams in relation to the regular risk reporting, including validation of the IMs compliance with the risk policy and Luxembourg regulations applicable to AIFs.
- Identify and manage risks introduced through change, including new investment fund products and new projects and initiatives.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant risk experience working in the funds industry or in a Management company with a focus on Risk Management.
- Candidates must have strong Investment Risk experience with exposure to Alternative Investment Funds.
- Very good technical skills in Financial Risk Management and financial instruments.
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship skills.
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment funds risk management and local European regulatory requirements
- Ideally looking for experience in private debt, private equity and real estate.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg fund industry, including the AIFM environment and risk regulatory requirements.
- Well organized and able to work independently.
What we offer:
- Competitive Base Salary + Benefits
- On-going opportunities for internal development and career growth.
- My client offers continual support for extended learning and industry certifications.
- This is a company that advocates for diversity and inclusion.
- The culture of the business is supportive, respectful and people-orientated. Staff are encouraged to to speak openly and new ideas are encouraged and welcomed!
- A range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
- Modern, open offices that are conducive to team-work and collaboration.
- Opportunity to specialize on the Alternative Investments space - with variety and scope of technical responsibility.
- Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across different geographies.