Jobs.lu: Privacy and Security
By using the Website and/or the Jobs.lu Service, you permit the collection and
use of your personal information as outlined below and you signify your
agreement to this Privacy. If you do not agree with these terms, you should not
use the Website and/or a Jobs.lu Service.
How we Collect
Information on Jobs.lu
Uses Made of
your Information to Other People
Control of your Personal Data
Links to Third
Information and Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
Changes to our
- Our website JOBS.LU which includes any webpage containing this domain name,
including any page that is enabled for use by a mobile device (the “Website”)
and the services provided on the Website (for a more complete description of the
services see our Terms and Conditions)
(the “Jobs.lu Service”) are operated by Jobs lu Ltd., 5, rue des Mérovingiens, L-8070 Bertrange ("we", “us” and “our”).
The Website and the Jobs.lu Service help people find, advertise, apply for or
express interest in vacancies, and provide employment, consultant or contractor
- This policy, our Terms and
Conditions and any other documents referred to in either of them set out the
basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us,
will be processed by us. If you are a Customer (i.e. a recruiter) then the
Jobs.lu Customer Terms also form part of your agreement with us. Please read the
following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
personal data and how we will treat it.
COLLECT INFORMATION ON JOBS.LU
- When registering as a user of the Website or during your time as a user of
the Website you will be asked to provide information to us. We will inform you
at the time of collecting information from you whether you must provide the
information to use the Website or a particular Jobs.lu Service, or whether the
provision of information requested by us is optional . We will inform you at the
time of collecting information from you whether the information that you provide
to us will be accessible to other users of the Website or by third parties, so
that you can decide whether to provide the information to us.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you submit in response to surveys or polls;
- details of applications for employment positions that you make using the
- details of resumes or curricula vitae which you make available on the
Website for third parties to brows in connection with employment, consultant or
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic
data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is
required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you
- proof of identity that we request from you before we disclose personal
information to you that we hold (in order to establish that we are disclosing
the personal data to you and not to someone pretending to be you); and
- personal details that you submit to us, such as your name, address,
telephone number, email address, gender and date of birth.
USES MADE OF
- Jobs.lu’s Customers post information about employment, consultant or
contractor vacancies on the Website, whether on their own behalf or, if a
recruitment or consultancy, on behalf of third parties (“Job Specifications”).
These Job Specifications can then be accessed and read by other users of the
Website. You can search for registered Customers of the Website, whether they
are direct employers or agencies. Jobs.lu does not vet or monitor the Job
Specifications in terms of their terms and conditions applicable to the use of
your personal information.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide registered Customers of the Website with the information that you
submit to the Website in response to a Job Specification. Submission of
information by you to a particular Job Specification is treated by us to be
permission to forward to that information to the Customer or Customers that have
posted that Job Specification only;
- if you choose to be a registered user of the Website, we will display
details of the personal information about you that you submit to the Website for
registered Customers of the Website, so that Customers are able to evaluate
whether you are a suitable candidate for a vacant position (whether or not a Job
Specification); you will be able to control the type of personal information
about you which will be displayed in this way through your user account;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from
us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted
for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you
choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your email address to send you updates or news regarding the
Website or a Jobs.lu Service, but you may choose not to receive emails of this
type by accessing the "Your Account" page of the Website and updating your
notification settings. Additionally, we or a registered Customer may use your
email address to contact you where you are a registered user or if you have
responded to a Job Specification.
- We do not request (nor encourage you) to submit sensitive data to the
Website, (ie data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political or religious
opinions, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition or
sexual life, the commission of any offence or related documentation). If,
however, you choose to do so then you consent to our processing this data in the
YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
- Except as set out in this Policy, we do not disclose to any third party
personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we
believe the law permits or requires it.
- If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we
may disclose your personal information to third parties expressly mentioned in
this Policy and the following third parties:
- if you have indicated at registration, or at any time during your time as a
user of the Website, that you are happy to receive information or promotions
from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to
you, you consent to us sending you such offers or information. You may opt out
of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by accessing the
“Email notifications” tab on the "Your Account" page of the Website or
alternatively, if you have problems doing this, you can
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our
ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- to the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the
Website or all or part of Jobs.lu Limited;
- to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal
data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in
order to enforce or apply our
Terms and Conditions and other
agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jobs.lu Limited,
our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with third
parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third
parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to
prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
- We do not disclose personal information about you to third parties
(including advertisers or marketing companies), but we may provide them with
aggregate anonymised information about the Website’s users. For example, we may
inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have registered as users of the Website,
or we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit
a particular Job Specification on the Website, the demographic breakdown of our
registered users of the Website or the activities that visitors to the Website
engage in while on the Website. We may also use such aggregate anonymised
information to help Customers improve their Job Specifications.
- We may provide your personal data to third parties for purposes that you
outside of Ireland or outside the European Economic Area (which may not provide
the same protection for such information as offered in the Ireland), and you
consent to a transfer of your personal information to third parties identified
CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables
you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this
password confidential. You must not to share your Website password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not
completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we
cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any
transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we
will use strict procedures and security features to endeavour to prevent
unauthorised access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any
intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from
any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted
information in any unauthorised manner.
- You should be aware that when you disclose personally identifiable
information and agree to make that information available to our Customers on the
Website (e.g. by submitting a CV to a recruiter Customer using the Website) that
the information disclosed in your communication may be used by the Customer.
These third parties may use your information (for example they may contact you,
arrange an interview with you, review your suitability for a particular
position) and such third activities are beyond our control.
- As a registered user of the Website and/or the Jobs.lu Service, you can
modify your personal information at any time by accessing the "Your Account"
section of the Website or alternatively if you have problems doing this, you can
contact us. It is your responsibility to keep
your personal information up to date at all times.
- If you have submitted information directly to Customer in respect of a
particular Job Specification then you understand that we process that
information as an agent of the Customer (whether or not as a registered user of
the Website and/or the Jobs.lu Service). We may hold a back-up copy of the
information that you submit, but only as an agent of the Customer. If you wish
modify or deal with your personal information submitted information directly to
Customer in respect of a particular Job Specification then you should contact
the Customer directly, as they have responsibility for that personal
information. As agent of the Customer, we will comply with the Customer’s
instructions in respect of that personal information. If you wish to understand
that it has with your personal information then you should contact the Customer
directly to establish such terms.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites
of our partner networks, Customers, advertisers and affiliates as well as third
party websites to which we have no affiliation. If you follow a link to any of
these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies
and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- We may collect information about your computer, including (where available)
your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration,
statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions
and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet
usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving
us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to
deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise
the Website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the
Website more enjoyable; and
- to speed up your searches.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser
which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this
setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website. Unless you
will issue cookies when you log on to the Website.
- For information on how to control your cookies go to
INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
- At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the
personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to
you and may request a small administrative charge.
- You may inform us of any changes in your personal data and in accordance
with our obligations to you, we will update or delete your personal data
submitted directly to our Customers.
this page and, where appropriate, may be notified to you by us to your e-mail.
You should visit this page periodically to review any changes to the Privacy
FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
should be addressed to info@Jobs.lu.